Saturday, March 26, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor in Jane Eyre

In anticipation of the latest adaptation of ‘Jane Eyre’, my daughter and I thought we should watch one of the first films. My Ari looked through Netflix and chose the 1943 version starring Orson Wells and Joan Fontaine. And there, to our surprise, in early scenes of Jane Eyre’s sad childhood at Lowood School, was the most beautiful little girl. My daughter asked, Who is that beautiful girl? It was Elizabeth Taylor!!! Ms. Taylor must have been about 10 years old. She play the part of Jane’s friend Helen Burns. Her scenes are few but each time she’s on the screen, she out shines her young co-star Peggy Ann Garner. In 1943, Taylor had already appeared in two movies, her next would be ‘National Velvet,’ which would make her a true star. And in those few scenes in ‘Jane Eyre,’ Taylor proved she was indeed a "TRUE STAR".

I hope you enjoyed my post.
Have an OOH LA LA DAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know about this movie. How did I miss this one?
    Thanks for the visit, and I hope it's a good day in Ventura. Right now it's looking like rain.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. She always will be a true star...

    ReplyDelete